Saturday, April 27, 2013

Another Lovely Visit!

Has it truly been a year (actually longer than a year!) since Mary was here visiting her sister?  Has it truly been a year since I had the opportunity to meet her and get to know she and Mike and her sister Dorothy?  Mary's blog is Faith Fabric and Photos and she also has a quilting blog called FFP Quilt Corner.  Visit her at both!  Also, last year I posted pictures of her visit to Tucson from Indiana on my main blog A Colorful World...see that post HERE.  Today I want to share on my quilting blog because, after a marvelous lunch at Union, we all headed to Cactus Quilt Shop to do some looking and buying!  Cactus Quilt Shop is located on the corner of Orange Grove Rd. and Oracle Rd. on the west side of town, and has been my "place to go."  They had been to the shop before as well.  We all had a great time getting caught up and visiting, enjoying our marvelous lunch, and then doing that little bit of shopping.  So good to see them again!
Dorothy, Mary and Mike in front of one of the gorgeous quilts hanging in the shop.

We three ladies....Notice how colorful we all were with our shirts!My hubby did not join us, since he so kindly takes care of our grandson so I can get away.  He's such a sweetheart, that way!  I was a little disappointed he got left out both times, so NEXT year! :-)

Interior of the shop.

A rack of vintage quilt treasures near the checkout counter.

I asked permission to pull out one end of the pink applique one so I could take a photo of one of the squares to share with you.  Isn't it adorable!

6 comments:

  1. How nice it is to be with friends and enjoy good food, fellowship and quilts. I mean, who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this post! I don't usually like photos of myself, but am glad to have these. Hope you don't mind that I copied them. I didn't get any decent photos of Dorothy and I while I was there, and it is nice to have one of you and Dorothy and me, as well. I do enjoy my visits with you and know we would have a lot of fun together if we lived closer. Wish we had time to actually get together and quilt when I am there. Keep me posted on joining the guild there. I really like that quilt shop....one of my 2 favorites there in Tucson. Wish you could visit me here in Indiana some time! See you again next year, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun this looks to be. Such a pretty shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to been there with you! What a great looking shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! So many of us LOVE Quilts - and believe they are pure magic. (I am one of those) = so - to me - these beautiful photos just prove it . . I think you are part of the world of wonder.
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time, Marie! Just stopped by here ot see what you've been working on lately... but I see you haven't posted for a while! If you're like me, you've been too busy finding inspiration on Pinterest to do any sewing! *hahaha*

    ReplyDelete