Monday, March 2, 2015

Tomstone Quilt Show

I drove down to Tombstone to attend the show there.  It's small, but really is a nice show.  My daughter and I really enjoyed it last year (we went on to the Sierra Vista show, a very large one, after) but this time I was on my own and recovering from a bad cold so didn't want to go on to Sierra Vista.  I met my good friend Candy who lives near there, and we enjoyed the quilts and then had a nice lunch!

Stunning pieced quilt...one of my favorites of the show!

Hand quilted with red thread.  Beautiful!

Boots are not my favorite motif but this quilt is beautiful made! It's the raffle quilt for next year.


Day of the Dead

Lovely pre-printed bird panels

This is my friend Candy's wonderful blue & yellow chicken lap quilt!  Love it!

A War Between the States quilt that is very nicely done with photos mixed in.


Perfectly pieced and beautiful colors!

Another one of my favorites!

I liked the navy & biegey-gold combination.

Candy standing next to a prize-winner...a gorgeous appliqued quilt!




The mini quilts

Close up of the bottom one...a pineapple

Beautifully pieced and wonderful colors!

Lovely embroidered birds

Really nice Southwestern quilt!

Look at this stained glass!



The ladies working the show agreed to pose for a photo.  They all made their period costumes!

5 comments:

  1. A very nice quilt show. I know you must have enjoyed it and also your lunch with Candy. More fun with a friend than by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some talented quilters there, Marie! Oh, I just love that first one - those dark colors really appeal to me and remind me of the quilts of my childhood in New England . I love the redwork quilt, too. I just bought a pattern book on redwork and want to try my hand at it....if I ever finish the half dozen projects I already have going! Your friend, Candy's quilt is very sweet - I love the cheerful colors. A nice way to spend the day with a good friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of beautiful quilts Marie. Your favorites are about the same as mine. :)) I love stars and I plan to make one like the one with all the small stars and colours.
    Hope you are feeling better now . Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to come here and see this...the Indiana Heritage was this weekend...Thur-Saturday and we were at Lorelei's from Tuesday till yesterday evening and I just didn't feel like getting up and going. It is about an hour away.

    ReplyDelete